Saturday, February 14, 2015

What Farah Wore: Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I don't really go all out on Valentine's Day as I used to when I was younger, but I wanted to share with you my favorite Valentine's Day outfit. 

1. Midi Skirt: I love wearing a skirt or dress during Valentine's Day. It's feminine and delicate. However, since it's about 20 degrees outside, I think a Midi Skirt is a GREAT alternative. I recommend wearing heels with it (especially if you are petite -- you will drown in this skirt).

2. Silk Blouse: A cream/white silk blouse should be a staple to any wardrobe! It looks great with a pair of denim jeans or tucked in under a skirt. I thought about wearing a pink blouse, but I love the contrast of the cream and red. Looks stunning.

3. Leopard Pumps: I actually love the red strappy heels from this look, but I paired it with leopard pumps. It really makes the outfit pop!

4. Red Lips: Always. A red lip is perfect for any holiday and especially Valentine's Day. YSL Le Rouge is my all time favorite lipstick. Dab some concealer on your lip prior to applying the lipliner and lipstick. Your lips will be red all night (and throughout dinner). Other great red lipstick brands are MAC Ruby Woo (worn by Rihanna) and NARS Jungle Red (worn by Taylor Swift). I think any of these would look great tonight!

5. Dangle Earrings: With my short hair, I love dangly earrings. My Tory Burch Circle Earring is my absolute favorite. Great quality! Gold and red are a match made in heaven and look absolutely stunning together. 

I didn't post this, but I paired all of this with my cream double-cloth J-Crew coat. You can also pair it with a nice boyfriend blazer in black. If you want to go crazy, wear a fur coat or even a patterned jacket (jacquard, neutral, or a different shade of red)

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment