Saturday, June 13, 2015

Outfit for Days! (.....and this week)

How is everyone surviving the heat? It has been crazy down here. Times like these, I wish I just lived up north.

My round-up this week has basically everything! Pattern mixing, crop tops, matching sets, work attire, neons... you name it!

The outfit below is actually my favorite this week. I found these items in my closet, and thought, why not mix these together. I love mixing different patterns. It limits the need for heavy accessories, but looks so put together. My top is actually an old Mara Hoffman from last season. I am obsessed with all of her clothing. Her and Clover Canyon really win with prints. I paired it with my favorite Banana Republic drapey pants. It felt so comfortable to wear all day for work and great after work as well! Since both the tank and the pants had some black mixed in with the prints, I thought it really brought the outfit together.

Purse  Tory Burch: City Messenger (similar)

This cobalt tank is from LOFT. They really hit the mark with nice tanks. Not to mention a lot of their clothing always go on sale! I paired it with some white pants and gladiator heels. 

I mixed in a lot of my favorite bracelets to jazz it up for a night out on the own. My Rebecca Minkoff crossbody seems to be in everyone's closet these days. I absolutely love this color and the studs on the bottom. It's so trendy, yet boho chic. It's also on sale! Great steal!

Bracelets  Forever 21: Bracelet Set (similar)

Perfect conservative work attire! The grey ankle pants are actually my favorite style (sloan) from Banana Republic. Pair with a cream top, sweater (or blazer), and a great pendant necklace.


Clover Canyon strikes! again. Like I said, they have great prints! A lot of garden, outdoor prints...but also mixed with tons of florals! My favorite!

The outfits run a little pricey, but I usually wait for a sale (SAKS, Clover Canyon, Revolve Clothing, Neimans... on occasion, all have this brand on sale) I wore this dress with my fuchsia pumps from Barneys. Perfectly matched!

The best part of this outfit is that you don't need crazy accessories. The printed dress speaks for itself, and the hot pink pumps are your accessory. Sometimes there is no need to go overboard! The outfit really speaks for itself.

Dress  Clover Canyon: Print Dress (sold out)
Shoes  Barneys NY: Fuschia Pumps (similar)

Neons are so much fun during the summer! I got these trousers from J Crew Factory on super sale. They look awesome paired with cobalt, hot pink, black, etc... I paired this outfit with leopard pumps. It may look a little crazy, but the leopard to me actually acts as more of a neutral with this outfit.

Blouse  JCrew Factory: Cobalt Blouse (similar)

Monday night I went to the Taylor Swift concert. It was amazing! I know she's a super fan of crop tops, so I decided to wear my favorite crop top outfit.

Which brings me to my second obsession, matching sets! I love matching sets these days. Tops with skirts or shorts with the same print look so great all throughout the year! This outfit is from Bloomingdales and is incredibly comfortable! Since I'm 5'1'', the crop top doesn't "crop" till I raise my arms, etc... but it's still super cute (and super slimming)

Sandals  Tory Burch: Effie Sandal (similar)

Last outfit of the week is my Lilly Pulitzer summer go-to dress. I throw this on for almost all occasions. It's actually a "big girl" XL. Sometimes being petite has it's perks. However, it's still a little short on me, so I wouldn't really wear it to work. It can also function as a great beach cover-up. 

Sandals  Tory Burch: Effie Sandal (similar)
Dress  Lilly Pulitzer Girls: Leaf Dress (old season)

No comments:

Post a Comment