Saturday, August 23, 2014

Blueberry Lemon Loaf

So my parents are coming to town tomorrow and I wanted to whip up something for "tea time" (yes, we really do that). I found this awesome recipe from a blog called Hearts of Delight for this blueberry lemon loaf (recipe hyperlinked with blog). My mom and I love lemon, so I added some extra zest than the recipe intends. I also add a handful of chopped walnuts for that crunch.

Had to cook it for about 30 minutes longer because my oven is older but it turned out excellent!

If you run in to that issue and need longer to bake, make sure you cover the top of the loaf with aluminum foil so it doesn't burn but remains a nice golden color.

Note: I stated healthy "kinda" only because it still contains a TON of sugar. All in all, there is no butter, so I consider this a tea time success.



No comments:

Post a Comment