Sunday, August 31, 2014

Spicy Shrimp & Bacon Corn Chowder

So I like to give credit where do and let you all know I got this recipe from Closet Cooking

Great site with awesome recipes. Of course, I am notorious for never following the recipe so I added my own flare and additional ingredients.

First, I halved the recipe on the blog because I just wanted to make 2 servings for me and my boyfriend. I also used a 1/3 of the amount of heavy cream required to make it more healthy. (I also really hate overly creamy soups)

Additional ingredients are as followed (obviously optional)

1 large ancho chili (adds great smokiness)
2.5 tbs of tomato paste (gives it a sweeter taste)
1tsp of the following: rosemary, sage, parsley, cilantro and spicy oregano

I also grilled the shrimp to give it that charred, smokey flavor!


No comments:

Post a Comment