Monday, September 8, 2014

Weeknight Dinners! Chicken & Vegetable Soup





I work 5 days a week and usually buy a rotisserie chicken on Sunday to make various dishes during the week (chicken salads, regular salads, soups, etc...) It is so versatile and helps me make a quick and easy dinner.

My go to is a chicken and vegetable soup. It's so appropriate and delicious especially since the temperature has begun to drop. Very easy to make and the clean up is just as easy (a great combo in my opinion)

Recipe

1 box of Chicken Broth
1/2 cup of water
1 carrot diced
2 celery stalks diced
1 small russet potato diced
1 small onion diced
1 tomato diced
1/2 can of low sodium corn kernels
1 handful of parsley chopped
1 cup of shredded chicken (rotisserie is my go to!)

Add all ingredients to a boiling pot of water and broth and let simmer for 20-25 minutes on medium heat. Add some sriracha if you want to add some heat! Garnish with some fresh parsley.


No comments:

Post a Comment