Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Farah's Faves: Beauty Products


I love great beauty products. The best thing is that you can get great products anywhere and it doesn't always have to cost you an arm and a leg. I wanted to take some time today to share some of my favorite products.

1. Dry Shampoo - Batiste Dry Shampoo - I am slowly trying to buy more European/British products since they lack some of the chemicals that are approved in America. This is by far my favorite dry shampoo. I usually buy the Blush, but they have types for all hair colors and scents. Being a brunette, having greasy hair is very common (so jealous of my blonde readers). I have tried a bunch of dry shampoos varying in prices. The Batiste Dry Shampoo is pretty inexpensive and runs about $10.

2. Face Cream - Fresh LOTUS Youth Preserve Face Cream - I have perpetually dry skin, especially with the winter months slowly approaching. This may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I love how it smells like cucumbers and just leaves me face locked with tons of moisture. It's $42 but well worth the splurge!

3. Nail Polish - Sinful Colors - I have strictly bought OPI and Essie nail polishes for years until I found Sinful Colors. I kind of turned my nose to it at first thinking that something so inexpensive would be an inferior product. Kind of like those polishes that need 15 coats for the color to show. However, I bought two off the wall colors from there once and fell in love. With two coats you can get that great color you paid for and its 1/10th of the price of the "designer" polish brand. It costs on average $1.99 and can be found at any Target or Drugstore.

4. Lipstick - I had a post about my favorite lipstick and I will have to stress that all girls need a staple red lipstick in their lives. I have recently started mixing dark and bright red lipsticks to get that perfect shade I want. Make sure to use a lip liner (see below). My favorite ones are the YSL Le Rouge and MAC Diva.

5. LiplinerRimmel Exaggerate - A lot of lip liners are so rough when you put it on. Since I spend so much on lipstick, I really try to find a good, inexpensive lip liner. The Rimmel one glides on so easily and last for a really long time under lipstick. At $5.99, its a steal.

6. Mascara - DiorShow and BadLash Gal - I know a lot of people recommend not spending a lot on mascara since it needs to be replaced every six months, but I can't get enough of Dior Show and Bad Lash Gal. Both give you great length and volume. I already have semi long lashes, but even my friend who don't swear that these give him that long falsie look they have been striving to attain. I have switched to different mascaras often but always come back to these. It's at $25 and $19, respectfully.

7. Beauty Blender - I'm obsessed with my Beauty Blender. A few months ago, I finally learned how to "kinda" contour my face (still have a long ways to go). The Beauty Blender is a great trick for those who don't know how to maneuver a brush to blend well. Put it under warm water, watch it expand and dab on your face to get makeup to spread evenly. Best $20 I have spent. I also recommend the cleaner with it. Other cleansers don't work as well this one does. However, if anyone knows of other ways to clean the beauty blender, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment