Monday, November 10, 2014

Gruyere and Gouda Mac & Cheese (Jalapeno & Bacon)



I had a hankering for mac and cheese today and decided to make a variation of this recipe from "The Owl with the Goblet"

I'd imagine most people like their mac and cheese really creamy so I would follow the recipe. If you want something healthier, I would use less butter and just a splash of heavy cream/milk. I ended up using panko bread crumbs on top but you can really use whatever you want!


As for the cheese, I bought gruyere and smoked gouda. I probably should have bought more because it wasn't as creamy as I would have liked but it was still really good. Obviously it's not a healthy meal but everyone needs cheat day!

I ended up adding spinach to my dish. Spinach is great because it really doesn't have any flavor but its healthy and adds a great green color to the dish.



No comments:

Post a Comment