1. Turtlenecks: just so timeless and great at any age. I love solid and striped ones as you can easily wear these under vests and chunky sweaters. It adds great pattern and texture to an otherwise boring look.
2. Blanket Scarf: these are everywhere and a perfect accessory during the cold winter months. I own about twenty of them and am obsessed! You can buy these practically everywhere (Zara, Target, Amazon) so grab yourself one!
3. Cable Knit Sweater: I basically only wear chunky cable knits. They are heavy, warm and look great with leggings, dark denim, or tucked under a skirt. The cable knit texture also gives your outfit more definition. Perfect to wear over a turtleneck and under quilted vests
4. Quilted Vests: These have blown up! So many styles are sold out but you can go to Lands End, Old Navy, etc... and find some great vests on sale. It's great layering piece under a jacket, sweater, button down, etc..
5. Statement Necklace: I think everyone already owns a ton of these. They can really dress any outfit up. During the winter months, I tend to wear a lot of sweaters. This is a perfect accessory (aside from a blanket scarf) that makes my outfit pop!
Honorable Mentions: Dark Denim Jeans, Ankle Boots and Fur Vests
Photos courtesy of google.com