Sunday, January 25, 2015

Brands Spotlight: Dry Skin Moisturizer

I have the worst dry skin during the winter months. It's constantly tight and I need so much moisture to get through the day. I like to switch out my day cream after my container is out so my skin doesn't get used to the ingredients. I wanted to share the ones I have used and my rating. Hope this helps you all!

Vichy Aqualia Thermal Face Cream: (4.5/5)  - $31 (extra 20% off right now with code HERO!) This is my favorite face cream right now. It has a great clean smell (a cross between Nivea and La Mer). It's not very heavy/oily, but instead light. Instantly hydrates my skin!

Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream: (4/5) - $42.95 (extra 20% off right now with code HERO!) I have read Jennifer Lopez uses this on her skin. I got a small sample of it at Whole Foods and I thought it smelled very clean and fresh. Definitely full of hydration. Lasted all day.

Fresh Youth Preserve Face Cream: (4/5) - $42 - Cream gets great reviews. I only rated it a 4 because I thought it was a little pricey (but I guess you are paying for the name). It's also very light on and smells like cucumbers! So fresh and clean! I have't bought this one in a while, but it will appear on my rotation again soon enough.

Origins GinZing Moisturizer: (2.8/5) - $26.50 - I got this one purely based on smell one day. It smelled like oranges and I was in love. I give it a 2.8/5 only because it made my skin really sticky when I used it. I wouldn't recommend this for dry skin. It hydrated my face, but I felt like I had to use a lot of it to get my face hydrated.

Vichy Intensive Nourishing Cream (3/5) - $26.40 - This works really well but I did not like the smell (or lack thereof) and I thought it's just a little too heavy. If you have intensely dry skin, maybe this would work better for you, but I didn't like the feel of it it. It's almost as if it was still on my face after I rubbed it in.

I wanted to discuss La Mer Face Cream that most people are in love with! I had a small sample that I got and it definitely makes my skin soft, but the price tag makes it SO overrated. Also, why does it smell like Nivea cream? I know that it has a following, but there are so many other brands that provide the same effect for 1/10th of the price. I would like to be proved wrong on La Mer, so thoughts and opinions are appreciated and encouraged!




No comments:

Post a Comment