Friday, January 30, 2015

Brand Spotlight: Sally Hansen Big Matte Top Coat


My throat has been killing me lately. On my way to pick my prescription antibiotics at the pharmacy, I browsed around the nail polish section (naturally). I bought Essie Sand Tropez (literally the best nude polish EVER) and wanted to buy a new top coat.

Around the other end of the shelf, I noticed this Matte Finish top coat by Sally Hansen. Naturally, I was skeptical. I didn't think it was even possible to get a decent matte finish from an over the counter polish. Boy was I wrong! I tried it last night and despite the fact that I am impatient on painting nails and they look less than perfect (actually, pretty terrible) the matte coat did an excellent job.

For work, I really don't want to show off a bright, shiny polish. This matte finish makes my nails look part of my nails. It's so clean and muted that it doesn't draw extra attention to my nail.

Now don't get me wrong, I love a great shiny top coat, but every know and again, I think matte is something different and cool. This Sally Hansen product is on my highly recommend list :) It's only about $5.99 at the drugstore, which is a steal!

Here is a photo of my nails on the left and another photo I found from Globe & Nail on the right (it's a better finish and just looks much better than my amateur nails so I had to post it)


Photo: Globe & Nail

No comments:

Post a Comment