Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Business Attire - with a pop of color!

I am sure you have all noticed how most of my outfits these days are work appropriate. The next two outfits pictured is a perfect example of how a pop of color can go a long way. Being "office professional" doesn't mean black suit and white button down anymore. It's springtime and I love the fact that I can incorporate color into my work wardrobe.

I love colorful pants. The Banana Republic Sloan Pants are my absolute go-to (the winnie/minnie J Crew pants are a close second). They are so comfortable, but look so sleek! I have sung their praises when writing previous blog posts, so I won't bore you all with the details. These purple pants are still available on the site. There are always sales at Banana Republic, so don't feel obligated to buy these full price.

I wear a Petite 00, to get the perfect fit. If you are petite, tall, regular, this pair of slacks are for you!

Blouse  LOFT: Trim Rib Tank ($25!!)

My other outfit is more professional. Great for an interview when you have to be slightly conservative. The green top is an old silk blouse from Ann Taylor, and looks so classy with the black suit. Wearing a delicate gold/silver chain and studs are recommended to keep the look clean.

During a professional interview, I don't recommend wearing prints. It's just too loud and may distract interviewers. Stick with solid colors. Jeweled tones and/or pastels look great with a suit. I prefer to wear a black suit during interviews, but navy and grey are also appropriate.

Suits  Banana Republic: Skirt and Blazer Set
Blouse  Ann Taylor: Green Silk Blouse (similar)
Necklace  H&M: Delicate Necklace (similar - $3.95!)
Shoes  LK Bennett: Shilo Pumps (similar)



No comments:

Post a Comment