Thursday, October 9, 2014

Mad for Plaid!


I am really annoyed by the weather in Charlotte these days. It ranges from 63-85 degrees. I never know what to wear and I just want it to be fall already. Is that too much to ask for? Don't get me wrong, I love summer but I'm just over it. It's October. Mentally, I am already in fall mode. I love a great pair of boots, leggings and cable knit sweater. I like being cozied up with tea, a blanket and listening to wood crackle during a nice fire. Of course, this is probably because I am mentally 45 yrs old and enjoy things like that now... but it's just nice and relaxing. Anyways, enough of my ramble and on to my new craze: PLAID (with/and flannel).

I am seriously addicted to all types of plaid. I can't wait to wear them with my fall skirts, over jeans and leggings. I wanted to try to borrow some of my boyfriends' button-down shirts but I'm sure that would just really freak him out... so I had to buy my own (I'm still going to secretly borrow his gingham prints though -- random note: you also can wear your boyfriends' work shirt, just wear a blazer over them to keep the form - I always buy men sweaters for a great over-sized look)

I wanted to share with you some of my favorite prints and where to buy them. It's been hard for me to capture that great holiday plaid to wear with my navy puffer vest ... but surprisingly... LL Bean carries some great plaid prints. They have a 10% off your entire order now with code: FALL10 which puts their shirts at $35.95. I just purchased the "Prince Charles of Edward" and "Kennedy" shirts. They are back ordered till November... but it's not like its cold here anyways *side eye* Hope you all try to get your hand on some plaid this fall (whenever that will be), you won't regret it!



Source
LL Bean Scotch Plaid Shirts
J Crew Factory Plaid Flannel

No comments:

Post a Comment