Monday, October 27, 2014

Sunday Night - Beef Chili

I love a good Chili! With the cold approaching, chili is the perfect weeknight meal. It's hearty and incredibly easy to make (I just dump mine in a crock pot) My recipe is an amalgamation of a bunch of different recipes I have found throughout the years, but this is just amazing! I add a ton of spices for flavor. You can add more or less if you would like. I just love a ton of different spices!

Recipe

1 lb of Grass Fed Ground Beef (for red meat, I try my hardest to be organic) - brown the beef on a pan for starters with 1 tbs of olive oil

1/2 can of white kidney beans
1/2 can of dark kidney beans
1 1/2 can of tomato sauce
1 can of diced tomato
3 garlic cloves, diced fine
1 small green pepper, diced small
1 large onion, diced small
1/4 cup water
3 bay leaves
2 tbs chili powder
1 tsp salt (add more if  desire)
1 tsp pepper
2 tsp cumin
1 tbs paprika
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp cocoa powder (trust me)
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
2 tsp red pepper flakes (add more or less, depends how spicy you want it)
2 tsp worchestershire sauce
2 tsp hot sauce
1/8 tsp habanero chili powder (can be purchased at Whole Spice - see post below -- it's optional but add a great smoky flavor)

Add the ground beef and the remaining ingredient. Slow cook on high for 4 hrs or low for 8 hrs.


No comments:

Post a Comment